The Benefit of Client Surveys
Conducting Client Surveys brings a number of significant benefits to an advisory business, not least of which is some tremendous insights to help you shape and refine your client proposition. Done well, they can be a great reminder of what you do and what clients value as well as increasing their awareness of the specific services you offer. They will also provide some valuable, revealing and potentially surprising insights into
- Levels of satisfaction
- Level of expectation (and whether these are being met)
- Preferences in terms of frequency of contact and the type and nature of communications preferred
- Specific interests (for example in terms of education and information)
- Propensity to refer
- Focus on service satisfaction, both specifically and generally
- Probe your clients expectations regarding contact. This is where the value is and you may surprise yourself about how often they might like to sit meet with you.
- Gauge their interest in education/learning. It may give you some helpful topics for future client events/seminars, which can be great opportunities for referrals if clients can “bring a friend”.
- Determine their preferences re frequency and format of communications. Are your newsletters engaging and relevant for example.
- Ask for profile information to fill the gaps in your database
- Follow up to communicate the positives and negatives and tell them what changes you intend to make as a result
- Summarise the highlights for your introducers and other “Centres of Influence”